- Longitude: 25.700072
- Latitude: -33.376819
- Game Reserves & Lodges
Welcome to Camp Figtree
Guest Lodge in the heart of the Addo Elephant National Park
Encircled by the lush folds of the Zuurberg Mountains, Camp Figtree is a remote private game reserve in the heart of the Eastern Cape wilderness, set between the renowned Addo Elephant National Park to the north and east and the Riverbend conservancy to the south. This luxurious lodge fuses the finest in comfort, style and service with an authentic African safari experience, offering elegant accommodation, spectacular 270 degree views and a range of activities focused on the region's rich natural environment.
Spanning 1000 hectares, the property is exceptional for its biodiversity, taking in no less than three different biomes - Afro-montane forests, valley bushveld and Cape fynbos - together supporting a myriad of wildlife.
Resting atop a high peak with exquisite 270 degree vistas over the scenic surrounds, Camp Figtree's unforgettable setting is complemented by its colonial elegance, understated sophistication and luxurious range of creature comforts. The lodge was designed around the original 1920's farmhouse and renovated to resemble the original building as closely as possible, complete with traditional corrugated iron roofs and wide terraces ideal for relaxed socialising and sunset drinks. Evenings are spent in traditional African style around a unique "boma" with the sounds of the crackling fire and nocturnal creatures drifting up from the lush valley below.
Map and Directions to Camp Figtree
From Port Elizabeth:
- Take the N2 (North)
- Turn left onto the R335. Signage indicates Mother well / Addo
- Proceed for 45 km to the town of Addo
- Continue though the town towards the entrance of the Addo National Park
- Proceed for 12 km towards the Addo National Park, you will find signs indicating Camp Figtree on your left, turn left towards the Zuurberg Pass Road
- Proceed up the pass 10km
- Turn left into the stone gates of Camp Figtree. Proceed slowly, while enjoying the view, to the Lodge Reception
- Being wedged between The Addo Elephant and Zuurberg National Parks makes Camp Figtree the ideal destination from which to experience the safari opportunities in the Eastern Cape.