Last Updated: June 2017
Contact Charmaine Rumbelow
- 083 283 2359
- Visit Website
- Follow on Facebook
- Review on TripAdvisor
Addo Elephant Lodge and Safaris, Kirkwood, Eastern Cape, South Africa
- Longitude: 25.736374
- Latitude: -33.3035584
RESERVATIONS OFFICE HOURS
Monday to Friday: 08h00 - 17h00 (GMT)
R1270 per person / Adult Elephant Encounters
Adults are the standard rate, children 12 years old and under pay half the standard rate. No charge for 3 year olds and under. The standard rates exclude transfers. All rates are subject to change without prior notice. Bookings are essential.
- Rates may vary and reduced rates may apply to additional persons. All rates are indicative only, may be seasonal and are subject to change without notice.
About Elephant Encounters
Elephant Encounter Times & Infomation:
On arrival at Addo Elephant Lodge and Safaris you will be introduced to the staff and our bachelor herd of Ellies, Mukwa, Duma and Thaba.
Take this time to relax and enjoy the tranquillity of your surroundings.
- 8h00 am (light breakfast incl)
- 11h00 am (light lunch incl)
- 15h00 pm (No meal incl)
± 1 1/2 hrs (Ride/Walk, encounter and elephant feeding)
At additional charge / arranged through lodge.
What you should know
- As the Eastern Cape is malaria-free, prophylactics are not necessary.
- On arrival day visitors are requested to sign our standard indemnity.
- American Express
- Diners Club
What to Bring
We recommend that you note the following in order to maximise your comfort during your elephant encounter.
- Sun hat
- Long trousers / slacks
- Good walking shoes (running / tennis shoes are suitable)
- Warm jacket for the winter months (May to September)
- Light rain gear for summer months (October to April)
- Suntan lotion & sun block
Contact Details / Cell: 083 283 2359
Map and Directions to Elephant Encounters
To Addo Elephant Lodge and Safaris from Port Elizabeth via Patterson Route
Recommended Route. Suited for Sedan & SUVS
Traveling from Port Elizabeth, take the N2 Highway towards Grahamstown & Cradock. At one stage the road will split to the left – stay on the N10 towards Cradock. You will pass Nanaga Farm Stall on your right. Approximately 75km from Port Elizabeth you will find the town of Paterson on the right.
Continue past Paterson in the Cradock direction for an additional 13.2km. You will find the Addo Palace and Kromrivier road signs on your left. Turn left on to the gravel road. In 14.5km you will reach Addo Palace, continue past Addo Palace for 11km until you reach our reserve gate. En route on the gravel road you will see our Addo Elephant Lodge signs along the way. Safe travels.